Announcing a new feature of the upcoming 2012 Catholic New Media Conference. The CNMC Tech Summit will be presented as a special additional track on the first day of the CNMC, Wednesday, August 29th.
Hosted by Matthew Warner and Jeff Geerling of flocknote, LLC, the CNMC Tech Summit will bring attendees together for a series of presentations and discussions of interest to Catholic website designers, application developers, webmasters, and others seeking common ground among the Church’s technical community.
Topics to be presented include:
- App/Development Expo – an open discussion among developers to share common challenges, lessons learned and best practices. A great opportunity for fostering collaboration. Contact Matthew Warner (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are interested in presenting/sharing about one of your apps.
- Catholic Integration: APIs and Standards – a discussion on integrating popular APIs into your website and a proposal on some unique universal standards for sharing Catholic data between entities in the Church providing a better platform for future development.
- What makes a great organization website? – Top features for effective websites for Catholic parishes and organizations.
- Why you need Apps for your Catholic ministry – An exploration of some of the practical ways apps (mobile, web or otherwise) will change the Church.
- Collaborating as Catholic Web Developers – A presentation and open discussion of concrete ways Catholic web developers can begin to organize and network to promote and facilitate more collaboration and support of each other’s projects.
We are excited to bring this new opportunity for networking and collaboration amongst the Catholic technical community. Seating will be limited!